1. Foundational paper: Dwork, Cynthia. "Differential privacy." International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2006. pdf
2. Short but insightful critique: Domingo-Ferrer, Josep, David Sánchez, and Alberto Blanco-Justicia. "The limits of differential privacy (and its misuse in data release and machine learning)." Communications of the ACM 64.7 (2021): 33-35. pdf
1. More easily accessible introduction to DP (perhaps read this before the Dworkin paper) in a series of blog posts: Near, Joseph, and David Darias. “Differential Privacy Blog Series.” Www.Nist.Gov, Nist, 2020. link to first blog post Note from the group: If you have a hard time grasping the concept of differential privacy we recommend that you read the first two blog posts in the series "Differential Privacy Blog series" in the optional reading.
2. Some attacks on some systems using DP: Haeberlen, Andreas, Benjamin C. Pierce, and Arjun Narayan. "Differential Privacy Under Fire." USENIX Security Symposium. Vol. 33. 2011. pdf
3. More detailed than the Domingo-Ferrer et al. critique plus focus on health care: Fida K. Dankar and Khaled El Emam. 2013. Practicing Differential Privacy in Health Care: A Review. Trans. Data Privacy 6, 1 (April 2013), 35–67. pdf