- Foundational paper on mixnets, after which came onion routing and e.g. Tor: Chaum, David L. "Untraceable electronic mail, return addresses, and digital pseudonyms." Communications of the ACM 24.2 (1981): 84-90. pdf
Recommended to at least skim, but no quiz:
- Main design paper of Tor: Dingledine, Roger, Nick Mathewson, and Paul Syverson. Tor: The second-generation onion router. Naval Research Lab Washington DC, 2004. Also Usenix Security. 2004. pdf
1. For those who want a brief introduction to anonymous routing
https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2F978-1-4419-5906-5_628.pdfF978-1-4419-5906-5_628.pdf (pages 39-40).
2. Description: “What goes on TOR stays on TOR, or so we hope. Dr Mike Pound takes us through how Onion Routing works.”
Duration: 14 minutes 18 seconds.
3. Description: “I2P - Protocol of Invisible Internet”.
Duration: 42 minutes 39 seconds.
- High-level overview of privacy issues in IoT: Porambage, Pawani, et al. "The quest for privacy in the internet of things." IEEE Cloud Computing 3.2 (2016): 36-45., pdf